PDA

View Full Version : BMW i3 Overview

Garrett@EVC
05-14-2014, 02:56 PM
http://cache.bmwusa.com/image_92ba41ea-8be2-4a94-a4b5-65966ac18261.arox

Driving Mode Range
In the standard yet sporty COMFORT mode, the range of the BMW i3 is 70 to 110 electric miles on a single charge, depending on driving style, traffic conditions and the topographical features of your route. In ECO PRO mode, which operates with an adapted accelerator pedal that demands less power, the possible distance traveled increases by up to 12%. Additionally, the ECO PRO+ mode, which is specifically oriented for range, has a maximum speed that's reduced to the recommended 55 mph, while energy consumers—such as heating and air conditioning—are switched to their energy-saving mode. Thus, when compared to the COMFORT mode, the possible action radius is increased by up to 24%.

Lithium-Ion High-Voltage Battery
The energy supply for the electric drive, as well as all other vehicle functions, is provided by a specially developed lithium-ion high-voltage battery, which sets new standards in terms of energy efficiency. The intelligent heating and cooling system of the battery ensures that its energy—and thus, the vehicle’s range—is less affected by temperature fluctuations than it normally is with batteries of this type. As such, it makes a significant contribution to both the performance and service life of the cells. An 8-year limited warranty or 100,000 miles is given for the high-voltage battery.

Via the BMW i Charging Station, the battery is fully charged in approximately 3.5 hours when charging at 240 volts, 30 amps.*

eDrive Motor
The electric motor of the BMW i3 was designed for instant power, delivering 170 hp with a torque of 184 lb-ft. The full torque, which is typical for electric motors, is immediately available from a standstill and does not need to be built up first via the engine speed, as is the case with internal combustion engines. This gives the BMW i3 particularly high agility in various situations and impressive acceleration values: the BMW i3 accelerates from 0 to 35 mph in under 4 seconds and to 60 mph in approximately 7 seconds (7.8 seconds with Range Extender). But what's even more impressive is the nearly silent driving experience.

More info here - http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/vehicles/2014/bmwi/default.aspx